Always post the rules
Answer the questions of the person who tagged you, and write 11 new ones
Tag 11 friends and link them
Let them know you tagged them
1. What was your first fandom and how did you get into it?
When I was 8 or 9 my parents decided it was time for my sister and me to see Star Wars. Instant addiction.
2. Name a book, film, or show that’s made you cry.
Lots. The most unexpected was probably the first episode of Oz. This one character that I didn’t like got sentenced to death, and after his execution scene we had to pause the show for half an hour so I could sob hysterically.
3. What would be your animagus form?
A bear. Obviously.
4. What’s something you’ve always wanted to do but have not yet been able to?
Leave the continent. Unfortunately, I’m terrified of both boats and airplanes.
Also actually finish writing something I’ve started.
5. What do you think about when you’re trying to fall asleep at night?
Depends on where I am and what’s on my mind that day. At school, I usually think about Zach when I’m falling asleep (is awkward and pathetic).
6. If you were invisible for a day and could do anything you wanted with absolutely no consequences, what would you do?
Honestly I’d probably be some sort of crazy invisible vigilante and go around arranging fitting punishments for people who were being assholes, I don’t know.
Also have invisible sex with Zach. Just for fun.
7. What is the best decision you have ever made?
When I was a senior in high school, I decided to ask a friend of mine if I could accompany him to the church youth group he was always talking about. He said yes, and that’s how I got involved with the UU church. It led to all sorts of awesome things. I became much closer with the person who introduced me to the church, and eventually met my partner, Zach, through church. <3
8. Talk about one person your life wouldn’t be the same without.
Just one? Wow. There are a lot of people I could name (Zach, Melissa, Kye, my parents), but I have to go with my younger sister for this one. I shudder to think what I would have been like if I’d grown up an only child. My sister and little brothers taught me what it was like to love unconditionally and to care for someone else above myself. My sister, only three years younger than me, has been my best friend and confidant since she was old enough to talk. She’s most of the reason my childhood was as amazing as it was, and now that we’re older, she’s still one of the people I love most in the world. I can’t even imagine what I’d be like without her.
9. What is a subject, skill, or area of knowledge that you excel at?
I am excellent at pointing out scientific/medical inaccuracies in TV shows and complaining loudly about them.
I also make delicious potato soup and give really good hugs.
10. What’s the strangest dream you can remember having?
Once I had a dream that my mom ran into my room at the cottage and yelled “Merritt wake up! The giant jungle cats of doom are attacking! and I looked out the window and there were these weird anthropomorphic cats galloping towards the house.
11. What’s the last thing that made you laugh?
Zach singing me a song about how I should go to sleep in a bizarro combination of Portuguese and English.
Wow this is really old I just found it in my drafts and decided to post it. Sorry it took so long, Melissa!